The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers FREE tax preparation help to people who generally make $72,000 or less in 2020, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free essential income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
All of our tax preparation services, including electronic filing, are free of charge.
111 SOUTH ADAMS STREET
HENDERSON, KY 42420
Monday & Tuesday 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am until Noon (Text or Call 270.631.0738)
700 North Green St.
PO Box 363
Henderson KY 42420
Wednesdays 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm (Call 270.831.2273)
Tax filers should bring the following items to the tax site to file their tax return:
- Picture ID
- Social Security cards for self, spouse, and children, or Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN) for self, spouse, and children
- Income information (W-2s)
- Information for other additional income (Social Security, Unemployment, etc.)
- Proof of tuition expenses (1098-T from college)
- Information for all deductions and credits
- For Direct Deposit: Personal bank account number and bank’s routing number
- Proof of Health Insurance (1095).