Offices Are Now CLOSED Until the Next Tax Season
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers FREE tax preparation help to people with low to moderate-income, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free essential income tax return preparation with electronic filing.
Our wonderful volunteers receiving training preparing for the new tax season!
Free Tax Assistance Locations
111 SOUTH ADAMS STREET
HENDERSON, KY 42420
Opening Date: Saturday January 22, 2022. Last day of service will be Tuesday, April 12, 2022.
Saturday 9:00 am until Noon
Monday & Tuesday 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Appointments Necessary at the Housing Authority
Text or Phone 270-631-0738
Click the button below to schedule your appointment.
What Do I Need to Bring?
Tax filers should bring the following items to the tax site to file their tax return:
- Picture ID
- Social Security cards for self, spouse, and children, or Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN) for self, spouse, and children
- Income information (W-2s)
- Information for other additional income (Social Security, Unemployment, etc.)
- Proof of tuition expenses (1098-T from college)
- Information for all deductions and credits
- For Direct Deposit: Personal bank account number and bank’s routing number
- Proof of Health Insurance (1095).
- Intake Form (Recommended but not required.) Click on the Intake Form in red letters to download and fill out ahead of time to save time at the Tax Site.