Monday & Tuesday 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am until Noon (Text or Call 270.631.0738)
Henderson Christian Community Outreach
Wednesdays 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm (Call 270.831.2273)
What you need to bring
In partnership with the Green River Asset Building Coalition (GRABC), the Volunteer and Information Center will provide a Volunteer Tax Assistance Site (VITA) in Henderson County for the 2020/21 tax year.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers FREE tax preparation help to people who generally make $72,000 or less in 2020, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free essential income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals. All of our tax preparation services, including electronic filing, are free of charge.
Tax filers should bring the following items to the tax site to file their tax return:
- Picture ID
- Social Security cards for self, spouse, and children, or Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN) for self, spouse, and children
- Income information (W-2s)
- Information for other additional income (Social Security, Unemployment, etc.)
- Proof of tuition expenses (1098-T from college)
- Information for all deductions and credits
- For Direct Deposit: Personal bank account number and bank’s routing number
- Proof of Health Insurance (1095).
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Sites for this year will be:
The premier site Henderson Housing Authority, 111 South Adams Street. The site will be open on Saturday starting January 30, 2021, from 9 am to 12 pm and will remain open every Monday and Tuesday from 3 pm till 7 pm. Our last day of operation will be Tuesday, April 13, 2021. You can text or phone our tax site at 270.631.0738. Certified tax volunteers answer these texts and phone calls.
Our satellite site Henderson Christian Community Outreach, 700 N Green St., will be open starting February 3, 2021, from 4 pm to 6 pm each Wednesday. The Henderson Christian Community Outreach site’s last day of operation will be Wednesday, March 31, 2021.